Teacher's Helper Volunteer Position
MCS RI is looking for a volunteer teacher's helper to support students during transition times throughout the day.
We look for a minimum commitment of one day a week for 2.5 hours. Ideally, from 1pm-3:30pm.
Responsibilities may include:
- Reading stories to children
- Outside playtime with children
- Assisting children with transition to nap time
- Assisting the teachers with classroom clean up as needed
Preferred (but not required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field
- Experience working with toddler and/or preschool age children
- Knowledge of or interest in the Montessori methodology
- A commitment to MCS RI's mission of making our programs accessible to children from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
To apply, please contact Gina Marciano, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.